Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Boy do I wish someone would have told me this stuff!

After having worked as a camp counselor for many summers, (and having been a teenage girl myself), I realize just how important it is to actually implement the advice given to you. It's so easy to hear what people are recommending and ignore because you think you, as a young teen girl, know better. That's exactly what I did and it landed me in a world of hurt. Teenage girls need to know they are loved, valued, and precious- it breaks my heart to know that there are young women out there experiencing more pain than they need to because these beliefs are either not reinforced in the home or they choose to ignore what they should acknowledge.

The link below DEFINITELY affirms my passion for young teenagers by offering ten tidbits of advice that I strongly agree with! Sometimes I wish that someone would have just sat me down and forced me to listen to this advice, even though I probably would have chosen to ignore it. 

If there is a teenage girl you are invested in, share this link! Maybe the advice coming from someone's blog will resonate with her better than if it came directly from her mother-- amazing how that works, isn't it?


Most of all, pray for them, because they are growing up in a tough generation!



No comments:

Post a Comment