Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The "Mom" Haircut

The "Mom" Haircut can be defined in a few different ways:
a) the new hairstyle a woman gets shortly after becoming a mother that makes her look older and more established
b) the result of a baby with a strong-willed grip combined with a mother's sensitive head
c) the need for change inspired by poorly cared for hair (due to the busyness of a baby and the laziness of me)

You know when your hair gets to the point where you just don't feel like doing it anymore because you're bored with it and it's incredibly unhealthy? I'm sure all women have been there. Getting out of the shower to look at that mop that you just don't feel like touching (but of course it would never dry reasonably tame by itself!) is never fun. My solution was a drastic haircut, six inches of the bottom, thank you very much! I wish I had a picture of the dark brown "monster" on the floor of the Mane Attraction in El Dorado. I thought I would never cut my hair short because I had such thin, mousy hair as a child, so I greatly values the hair growing on my head! But alas, it was time.

Here is the end result, and I am very much pleased, as it only takes about 15 minutes to dry and style!


At first I was ashamed to join the bandwagon of "short haired" moms- haha.  But in the end, there is nothing to be ashamed of. I did what was best for me :)


1 comment:

  1. Kayla!
    I love reading your blog. It is so great! This haircut is beautiful on you! Your baby boy is so cute. Miss seeing you around here & talking about our favorite person! hahaha

    ReplyDelete