Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Fun!

My mom is the best. Every one says that, but mine really is. Not only is she an excellent mother and wife (as if being those two are any small task...), she is also a great interior decorator, scrapbooker, and COOK! Oh my word. Coming home for Spring break was the best decision I have ever made- my Mom's cooking can't be beat!

She is always so creative with holidays, like they are an excuse to treat her family extra special. Growing up she would throw a Valentine's Day celebration, complete with steak and equally delicious side dishes. We loved getting sparkling cider or sparkling jello- so much fun!

Anyways, this year while Nick and I were in town, my Mom did a "Shamrock Shindig," a smorgasbord of delicious corned beef and cabbage (which I love) and other green festive eats!

Left, you'll see corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots, cabbage salad, Lucky Charms salad (I named it that because it's green and has marshmallows in it and is delicious), animal crackers dipped in green almond bark, sparkling apple cider, and even green plates and napkins. My mom is such a trooper!


Needless to say, my dear husband was not thrilled about wearing the hat for this photo, but he did it because he loves me. Also, PS, I woke up that morning NOT EVEN REMEMBERING IT WAS ST. PATTY's and I STILL WORE A BRIGHT GREEN SHIRT! What are the odds? I mean, c'mon. That's amazing!
What a fun way for Nick and I to spend our mini vacation away from Kansas- with my family who is awesome and  absolutely in LOVE with our son (free babysitting!! haha) We don't get to see them very often so that was a real treat!

Another word about Spring break: We have such a flexible baby and I am so thankful! At only a month old, we have not only driven eight hours to Colorado, we have also dragged him shopping (pretty much every day- I love civilization!), to many coffee dates with old friends, and even to the movies! He grunted a little, but never made a fuss. What a sweetie!



No comments:

Post a Comment