Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

EASY DIY Book Display

This is probably the easiest DIY ever posted and it can make a huge difference in the way a room looks! Ok, so I love books. I think have over a billion. But I have no where to put them because I have always though displaying them can be so tacky (unless you are one of those amazing people who can strategically arrange them by color gradient or possibly by height- you are a Real Man of Genius!) I am no good at arranging things and I love matchy-matchy things............ so I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner!!!!!!

OK! Is it lame that I am THIS excited to share this? This was my book display before my breakthrough. Meh, nothing to write home about. Lame attempt at color coordination if you ask me.


BUT! Then I saw this idea in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine, which I read religiously.

Gather: FUN scrapbook paper and at least 7 books of varying size
Cover the books with the scrapbook paper. Repeat. That's EASY!

For some books I was able to just take the paper to the cover. For others (antiques or paperbacks), I decided to fold over a leaf of paper inside the front and back covers.

To quickly keep the books straight, I wrote the titles just inside. See Gone with the Wind to the right.

Here's the "after" display:


Ta-DA! I love my new matchy-matchy books! 
How fun! I think the patterns are fun yet subtle and they complement the room and its colors.

Please also note my amazing IKEA purchase, a giant B bookend. I love Ikea

Try it yourself! Use your own paper and creative book arrangement. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment