Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Pineapple Upside-down Pancakes

Do pancakes sound delicious? Try these!!!

After breakfast at Snooze, a Colorado-based breakfast restaurant (whose dishes are TO DIE FOR!) I just had to mimic the pineapple upside-down pancakes that we tried there. Nick LOVES pineapple so this is a special "I love you, dear" treat. Unfortunately, I can't take credit for this recipe, as I've scoured the internet and combined multiple recipes to come up with the (hopefully) perfect Pineapple Upside-down Pancake recipe!

Here is the result:

 



Pancake Batter: I (admittedly) did not make from scratch, but instead used Krusteaz from Sam's Club! I love buying in bulk :) To the batter I added a tsp. of nutmeg and tbsp. of cinnamon sugar per 6-7 pancakes, just for extra kicks :)






 




Cinnamon Butter (to the right): You'll need to mix 5 tbsp softened (not melted!!!) butter, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon. I found that doing this with a knife and repeatedly folding the mixture was the best method. Refrigerate to harden.
Vanilla Cream: Combine 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small saucepan over med heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved and cream thickens slightly.

Caramelized Pineapple (below): Melt 4 tbsp. butter over med-high heat.  Add 1/2 cup (packed tightly) brown sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon, stirring until mixture bubbles.  Add one large can crushed or diced (I prefer crushed, but if you like it chunkier, be my guest!!!) pineapple and cook additional 3-5 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.


Now it's time to combine all these tasty ingredients together!

Scoop (I used a measuring cup) your pancake batter onto a mediumly-heated skillet. Then scoop your caramelized pineapple mixture on top of the pancake batter that's already on the skillet, and, when the pancakes begin to bubble, flip 'em! Cook until they are done, and if you are making many, then keep them in a warm oven while you finish.

Our Saturday morning breakfast table :)

Serve with the cinnamon butter and vanilla cream. Enjoy!

I can't take credit for this beautiful photo-- See http://chasingsomebluesky.blogspot.com/search/label/Breakfast for my inspiration!
 Thanks for checking it out!
P.S.-- I got a cute signature :)

No comments:

Post a Comment