On today's menu-- French bread pizza! Admittedly, the easiest recipe that I'll ever present you with. But it's also quality and cheap!
What you'll need:
1 (+) loaf of fresh French bread
1 jar pasta sauce (I use Ragu roasted garlic)
2 cups mozzarella cheese
Sausage or beef
Bacon or ham
Other cheeses (cream cheese! Colby jack! Cheddar! mmmmm....)
Spices (crushed red pepper! basil!
You know the pizza drill:
1. Cut French bread in half and place both halves, inside up, on a greased cookie sheet (or better yet, tin foil for easy cleanup!)
2. Spread the sauce (I've found that using a spoon is easiest) on each half. I am usually pretty generous but still end up using only half the jar.
3. Top with your cheeses and toppings-- the fun stuff!
4. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden delicious!
5. Allow to cool before eating-- it can be disastrous and painful as we found out!